Smithfield quarterly revenue falls
Dec 6 (Reuters) - Largest U.S. pork and hog producer Smithfield Foods Inc's quarterly revenue fell, hurt by lower meat and live hog prices.
The company's second-quarter net income fell to $10.9 million, or 7 cents per share, from $120.7 million, or 74 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, the company earned 61 cents per share.
Revenue fell nearly 3 percent to $3.23 billion.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Moscow defies Kiev, orders aid convoy onto Ukrainian soil
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |