Russia, U.S. to seek "creative" Syria solution -envoy
DUBLIN Dec 6 (Reuters) - Russia and the United States will seek a "creative" solution to the Syrian crisis, the international Syria mediator said on Thursday after meeting U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.
"We haven't taken any sensational decisions," mediator Lakhdar Brahimi told reporters after the meeting on the sidelines of a conference in Dublin.
"We have agreed that the situation is bad and we have agreed that we must continue to work together to see how we can find creative ways of bringing this problem under control," he added.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease