TD Bank reports flat profit, buys Epoch Investments
TORONTO Dec 6 (Reuters) - Toronto-Dominion Bank's reported a flat quarterly profit and said it would buy Epoch Holding Corp, which owns Epoch Investment Partners, for $668 million in cash.
TD, Canada's No.2 bank and also a sizeable player on the U.S. East Coast, said on Thursday that it had earned C$1.6 billion ($1.61 billion), or C$1.66 a share, in the fourth quarter ended on Oct. 31.
That compared with a year-earlier profit of C$1.6 billion, or C$1.68 a share.
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest