Guatemala government to seek expulsion of software guru McAfee
GUATEMALA CITY (Reuters) - Guatemala will seek to expel John McAfee from the country after the anti-virus software guru, on the run from a murder probe in Belize, entered illegally, Interior Minister Mauricio Lopez Bonilla said on Wednesday.
McAfee crossed into Guatemala to evade authorities in Belize who want to question him in connection with the murder of his neighbour. It was not immediately clear where Guatemala's government would seek to expel the U.S. citizen to.
There is no international arrest warrant for McAfee. Police in Belize say he is a person of interest in their murder investigation, but he is not a prime suspect.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades