Vale says in no rush to sell Hydro stake; oil deal close -CEO
LONDON, Dec 6 (Reuters) - Brazil's Vale SA, the world's second-largest mining company, is in no rush to sell its stake in Norwegian aluminum group Norsk Hydro ASA, Chief Executive Officer Murilo Ferreira told investors and analysts in London on Thursday. Vale, which is scaling back investments and focusing more on core iron ore operations, will announce the sale of part of its Brazilian oil and gas exploration and production in coming weeks, Ferreira said.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter