General Electric near deal to buy Italy's Avio - sources
MILAN Dec 7 (Reuters) - General Electric Co is near a deal to acquire Italy's Avio, a privately held airplane parts supplier, people familiar with the situation on Friday.
"General Electric is in pole position; it's working on the details of the deal," said a person familiar with the situation.
The sale is being managed by Cinven, a private equity fund that controls Avio.
"It will be a busy weekend," said another person.
The sources did not provide any further details.
Press reports have valued the company at more than 3 billion euros.
France's Safran SA, with interests in airplanes, aerospace and defense, has also been in talks to buy Avio.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions