General Electric near deal to buy Italy's Avio - sources
MILAN Dec 7 (Reuters) - General Electric Co is near a deal to acquire Italy's Avio, a privately held airplane parts supplier, people familiar with the situation on Friday.
"General Electric is in pole position; it's working on the details of the deal," said a person familiar with the situation.
The sale is being managed by Cinven, a private equity fund that controls Avio.
"It will be a busy weekend," said another person.
The sources did not provide any further details.
Press reports have valued the company at more than 3 billion euros.
France's Safran SA, with interests in airplanes, aerospace and defense, has also been in talks to buy Avio.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, three dead