Brazil to fight bets against exchange rate, minister says
BRASILIA Dec 7 (Reuters) - The Brazilian government will intervene in the currency markets every time that investors bet against the real, Trade and Industry Minister Fernando Pimentel said on Friday.
Any currency interventions will aim to protect competitiveness, Pimentel said, adding that the exchange rate regime continues to be a floating one.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine