Brazil to fight bets against exchange rate, minister says
BRASILIA Dec 7 (Reuters) - The Brazilian government will intervene in the currency markets every time that investors bet against the real, Trade and Industry Minister Fernando Pimentel said on Friday.
Any currency interventions will aim to protect competitiveness, Pimentel said, adding that the exchange rate regime continues to be a floating one.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official