RPT-Canada gives no hints on timing of Nexen decision
OTTAWA Dec 7 (Reuters) - Canada refused to offer any hints on Friday on the timing of a decision on a bid by China's CNOOC Ltd for energy company Nexen Inc..
"Whatever the date, appropriate notice will be given," Andrew MacDougall, a spokesman for Prime Minister's Stephen Harper, told Reuters by email.
Canada's industry minister must rule whether the $15.1 billion offer is of net benefit to Canada. The Dec. 10 deadline can be extended, provided both companies agree.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes