RPT-Canada gives no hints on timing of Nexen decision
OTTAWA Dec 7 (Reuters) - Canada refused to offer any hints on Friday on the timing of a decision on a bid by China's CNOOC Ltd for energy company Nexen Inc..
"Whatever the date, appropriate notice will be given," Andrew MacDougall, a spokesman for Prime Minister's Stephen Harper, told Reuters by email.
Canada's industry minister must rule whether the $15.1 billion offer is of net benefit to Canada. The Dec. 10 deadline can be extended, provided both companies agree.
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Oregon resident hospitalized for possible Ebola virus infection