Chile posts $562 million November trade surplus
SANTIAGO Dec 7 (Reuters) - Chile posted a trade surplus of $562 million in November, its second surplus in a row following three consecutive deficits, the central bank said on Friday.
The figure compares with a $287 million surplus in November 2011, according to central bank data.
Exports totaled about $6.674 billion in November, while imports were about $6.112 billion.
Chile's copper export revenue totaled $3.859 billion in November, up from a previously reported $4.440 billion in October, the central bank reported on Friday.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand