SCA, E.ON to set up wind power venture in Sweden
FRANKFURT Dec 7 (Reuters) - Swedish hygiene and paper products maker SCA and Germany's largest energy group E.ON on Friday said they had entered a joint venture to develop wind power projects.
"The joint venture includes approximately 270 wind power stations and a total energy production of more than 2 TWh (terawatt hours), corresponding to the electricity required for warming 100,000 Swedish households," said Ake Westberg, head of SCA Energy.
Investment decisions would be made by 2014 or 2015 at the earliest, SCA said in a statement, adding the project was expected to start operations by 2016 to 2017 at the earliest. (Reporting by Christoph Steitz)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |