Czech president says will not sign treaty change to ratify ESM
PRAGUE Dec 7 (Reuters) - Czech President Vaclav Klaus will not sign a treaty change allowing the formal creation of the euro zone's permanent bailout mechanism, the ESM, news agency CTK quoted him as saying on Friday.
All other European Union countries have already ratified the change.
Klaus had been expected to sign it, as required by the Czech legislative process, after both chambers of the Czech parliament had given it a green light.
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Calm largely holds in Missouri after grand jury opens shooting investigation |
- Russia extends scrutiny of McDonald's restaurants |