Richardson sees approval of Viterra assets purchase by year end
WINNIPEG, Manitoba Dec 7 (Reuters) - Canadian grain handler Richardson International Ltd expects the country's Competition Bureau to approve its purchase of some Viterra Inc assets by the end of 2012, the company's president, Curt Vossen, said on Friday.
Glencore International Plc's C$6 billion ($6 billion) takeout of Viterra has cleared its final regulatory hurdle, setting the stage for Glencore to sell off some Viterra assets to Richardson, Agrium Inc and CF Industries Holdings Inc.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park