Greece will not extend buyback deadline beyond Friday-finmin source
ATHENS Dec 7 (Reuters) - Greece will not extend the deadline bondholders to participate in a crucial sovereign debt buyback scheme beyond Friday, a finance ministry official said.
Greek banks will hold board meetings on Friday to decide whether they will join in and must declare their interest by 1700 GMT.
"The auction will be completed today. There will be no extension," said the official, who declined to be named.
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base