Greece will not extend buyback deadline beyond Friday-finmin source
ATHENS Dec 7 (Reuters) - Greece will not extend the deadline bondholders to participate in a crucial sovereign debt buyback scheme beyond Friday, a finance ministry official said.
Greek banks will hold board meetings on Friday to decide whether they will join in and must declare their interest by 1700 GMT.
"The auction will be completed today. There will be no extension," said the official, who declined to be named.
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |