- French soldier stabbed while on patrol near Paris
- REPEAT-Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House?
- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Rockets hit south Beirut after Hezbollah vows Syria victory
- Two believed dead as heavy rains flood San Antonio streets |
RPT-EURO GOVT-Stocks rise, German bonds fall after U.S. jobs data
By Toni Vorobyova
LONDON Dec 7 (Reuters) - European stocks turned positive on the day and German Bund futures fell into negative territory after a stronger than expected U.S. payrolls report on Friday.
Non-farm employment increased by 146,000 jobs last month, the Labor Department said, defying expectations of a sharp pull back related to superstorm Sandy.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index erased its earlier losses to turn positive after the U.S. jobs data. The FTSEurofirst 300 was up by 0.2 percent at 1,133.59 points by 1331 GMT.
The Bund future was last down 9 ticks on the day at 145.60 versus 145.75 before the release of the data.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this