- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
CANADA FX-C$ firms after source says CNOOC bid for Nexen approved
TORONTO Dec 7 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar firmed to C$0.9887 against the U.S. currency after a source familiar with the matter told Reuters that a C$15.1 billion bid from China's CNOOC Ltd for Nexen Inc had been approved by Canada's federal government.
The resource-linked currency had been trading at around C$0.9908, or $1.0093, just before the news.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this