CANADA FX-C$ firms after source says CNOOC bid for Nexen approved
TORONTO Dec 7 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar firmed to C$0.9887 against the U.S. currency after a source familiar with the matter told Reuters that a C$15.1 billion bid from China's CNOOC Ltd for Nexen Inc had been approved by Canada's federal government.
The resource-linked currency had been trading at around C$0.9908, or $1.0093, just before the news.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill