CANADA FX-C$ firms after source says CNOOC bid for Nexen approved
TORONTO Dec 7 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar firmed to C$0.9887 against the U.S. currency after a source familiar with the matter told Reuters that a C$15.1 billion bid from China's CNOOC Ltd for Nexen Inc had been approved by Canada's federal government.
The resource-linked currency had been trading at around C$0.9908, or $1.0093, just before the news.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |