CANADA FX-C$ firms after source says CNOOC bid for Nexen approved
TORONTO Dec 7 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar firmed to C$0.9887 against the U.S. currency after a source familiar with the matter told Reuters that a C$15.1 billion bid from China's CNOOC Ltd for Nexen Inc had been approved by Canada's federal government.
The resource-linked currency had been trading at around C$0.9908, or $1.0093, just before the news.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation