CANADA STOCKS-Index flat; Nexen, Progress fall ahead of news from Ottawa
TORONTO, Dec 7 (Reuters) - Canada's benchmark stock index ended slightly higher on Friday despite a late stumble in shares of Nexen Inc and Progress Energy Resources Corp ahead of a government announcement expected to determine whether they can be acquired by foreign state-owned enterprises. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index closed 8.64 points, or 0.07 percent, higher at 12,159.77. It notched a 0.65 percent decline on the week.
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact - WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ