Fed selling Treasuries maturing 11/2013 thru 2/2015
NEW YORK Dec 7 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve on Friday was selling on the open market U.S. Treasuries maturing November 2013 through February 2015, the New York Fed said on its website.
The Fed previously said it intended to sell $7 billion to $8 billion of the Treasuries on Friday.
The sale was part of the Fed's "Operation Twist" stimulus program - a program that extends the maturity of the central bank's Treasuries holdings in a bid to lower mortgage rates and other long-term borrowing costs.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen