Euro pares losses versus dollar
NEW YORK Dec 7 (Reuters) - The euro pared losses against the dollar in late morning trade on Friday as traders covered some short positions.
Traders cited a Market News International report that said senior European Central Bank Executive Board members, including President Mario Draghi and Bundesbank President Jens Weidmann, opposed a rate cut supported by the majority at the ECB's most recent policy meeting on Thursday.
The ECB left rates steady at 0.75 percent.
The euro was last down 0.2 percent at $1.2945. It had fallen to a session low of $1.2878 immediately after the release of U.S. jobs data that was stronger than expected.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media