Nikkei steady after 7-month closing high; U.S. jobs data awaited
TOKYO, Dec 7 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average held steady in early trade on Friday after closing above the key 9,500-mark for the first time in seven months in the previous session and ahead of U.S. jobs data. The Nikkei was flat at 9,546.22 after entering "overbought" territory on Thursday, with its 14-day relative strength index at 70.5. Seventy or above is deemed overbought, which often signals a possible pullback in the near term. The broader Topix was also steady, at 788.90.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel