Korea Hot Stocks-SK Hynix, Ahnlab
SEOUL Dec 7 (Reuters) - South Korea's main KOSPI share index was up 0.4 percent at 1,956.71 points as of 0026 GMT. The index opened up 0.2 percent.
Stocks on the move on Friday include:
**SK HYNIX **
Shares in chipmaker SK Hynix Inc rose 3.4 percent on market forecasts of an operating profit in the fourth quarter, up from a 15.1 billion won third-quarter operating loss.
"SK Hynix is seeing continued high profitability on increased demand from Chinese smartphone manufacturers for its multi-chip modules, as well as increased revenue contribution from mobile D-RAM chips," said Kim Hyung-sik, an analyst at Taurus Investment & Securities.
Shares in computer antivirus program developer Ahnlab Inc jumped 7.9 percent in early trade Friday after its largest shareholder and former independent presidential candidate Ahn Cheol-soo publicly declared his support for mainstream opposition candidate Moon Jae-in after market close Thursday.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry: coastguard |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Israel space project gets $16 million boost from casino mogul Adelson
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official