Korea Hot Stocks-SK Hynix, Ahnlab
SEOUL Dec 7 (Reuters) - South Korea's main KOSPI share index was up 0.4 percent at 1,956.71 points as of 0026 GMT. The index opened up 0.2 percent.
Stocks on the move on Friday include:
**SK HYNIX **
Shares in chipmaker SK Hynix Inc rose 3.4 percent on market forecasts of an operating profit in the fourth quarter, up from a 15.1 billion won third-quarter operating loss.
"SK Hynix is seeing continued high profitability on increased demand from Chinese smartphone manufacturers for its multi-chip modules, as well as increased revenue contribution from mobile D-RAM chips," said Kim Hyung-sik, an analyst at Taurus Investment & Securities.
Shares in computer antivirus program developer Ahnlab Inc jumped 7.9 percent in early trade Friday after its largest shareholder and former independent presidential candidate Ahn Cheol-soo publicly declared his support for mainstream opposition candidate Moon Jae-in after market close Thursday.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'