US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street opens higher after payrolls
NEW YORK Dec 7 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened higher on Friday in the wake of data showing U.S. employment grew more than forecast in November, defying expectations of a sharp pull back relating to Superstorm Sandy.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 57.29 points, or 0.44 percent, to 13,131.33. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 6.09 points, or 0.43 percent, to 1,420.03. The Nasdaq Composite Index climbed 13.69 points, or 0.46 percent, to 3,002.96.
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest