US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street pares gains after sentiment data
NEW YORK Dec 7 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks pared some gains early on Friday after a Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan preliminary survey on consumer sentiment showed Americans' outlook on the economy and their finances took a turn for the worse in December.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 35.55 points, or 0.27 percent, to 13,109.59. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 1.08 points, or 0.08 percent, to 1,415.02. The Nasdaq Composite Index dropped 5.42 points, or 0.18 percent, to 2,983.84.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 6, others missing
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ