Japan lifts tsunami warning issued after quake in northeast
TOKYO (Reuters) - The Japan Meteorological Agency has lifted a tsunami warning issued for northeastern Japan after a strong earthquake centered off the coast shook buildings as far away as Tokyo, public broadcaster NHK said.
The quake had a preliminary magnitude of 7.3, the U.S. Geological Survey said. There were no immediate reports of deaths or serious damage.
(Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |