Japan lifts tsunami warning issued after quake in northeast
TOKYO (Reuters) - The Japan Meteorological Agency has lifted a tsunami warning issued for northeastern Japan after a strong earthquake centered off the coast shook buildings as far away as Tokyo, public broadcaster NHK said.
The quake had a preliminary magnitude of 7.3, the U.S. Geological Survey said. There were no immediate reports of deaths or serious damage.
(Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip