Japan lifts tsunami warning issued after quake in northeast
TOKYO (Reuters) - The Japan Meteorological Agency has lifted a tsunami warning issued for northeastern Japan after a strong earthquake centered off the coast shook buildings as far away as Tokyo, public broadcaster NHK said.
The quake had a preliminary magnitude of 7.3, the U.S. Geological Survey said. There were no immediate reports of deaths or serious damage.
(Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter