Boehner says stalemate persists in "fiscal cliff" talks
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Speaker John Boehner said on Friday that talks this week with President Barack Obama produced no progress, and he renewed his demand that the president provide a new offer to avert "the fiscal cliff."
At a Capitol Hill news conference, Boehner accused the president of "slow-walking the economy" toward a crush of automatic spending cuts and tax hikes at year-end.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official