Boehner says stalemate persists in "fiscal cliff" talks
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Speaker John Boehner said on Friday that talks this week with President Barack Obama produced no progress, and he renewed his demand that the president provide a new offer to avert "the fiscal cliff."
At a Capitol Hill news conference, Boehner accused the president of "slow-walking the economy" toward a crush of automatic spending cuts and tax hikes at year-end.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |