US House Speaker calls 11 am ET news conference on fiscal cliff
WASHINGTON Dec 7 (Reuters) - Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives John Boehner called a news conference for 11 a.m. ET (1600 GMT) on Friday to discuss stalled efforts to cut a bipartisan deal to avert the fiscal cliff, an aide said.
With less than three weeks to go before a year-end deadline, negotiations have essentially come down to Boehner, the top U.S. Republican, and President Barack Obama.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials