US House Speaker calls 11 am ET news conference on fiscal cliff
WASHINGTON Dec 7 (Reuters) - Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives John Boehner called a news conference for 11 a.m. ET (1600 GMT) on Friday to discuss stalled efforts to cut a bipartisan deal to avert the fiscal cliff, an aide said.
With less than three weeks to go before a year-end deadline, negotiations have essentially come down to Boehner, the top U.S. Republican, and President Barack Obama.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote