Boehner says stalemate persists in 'fiscal cliff' talks
WASHINGTON Dec 7 (Reuters) - U.S. House Speaker John Boehner said on Friday that talks this week with President Barack Obama produced no progress, and he renewed his demand that the president provide a new offer to avert "the fiscal cliff."
At a Capitol Hill news conference, Boehner accused the president of "slow-walking the economy" toward a crush of automatic spending cuts and tax hikes at year-end.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data