- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Obama to ask Congress for more than $60 bln for storm repairs
Dec 7 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's administration will ask U.S. lawmakers to approve more than $60 billion in funding for East Coast states to rebuild after Superstorm Sandy, according to a joint statement on Friday from New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie.
"The request is crafted to afford maximum flexibility to state governments and we will continue to work with the administration and Congress as our needs arise," the statement said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this