US Air makes AMR merger offer, deal possible next month-source
Dec 7 (Reuters) - U.S. Airways Group Inc has made a formal merger proposal to American Airlines parent AMR Corp that could value the combined airline at around $8.5 billion, a source familiar with the situation said on Friday.
The source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the sides were working toward an agreement as soon as January.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter