Ghana's Mahama wins election - electoral body's Facebook page
ACCRA Dec 9 (Reuters) - Ghana incumbent President John Dramani Mahama was elected to a new term with 50.7 percent of votes cast, according to results posted on the Electoral Commission's Facebook page on Sunday.
It was not immediately possible to verify the results with an Electoral Commission official.
Mahama, who became president in July after the death of ex-leader John Atta Mills, was facing top rival Nana Akufo-Addo - who took 47.4 percent of the vote, according to the Electoral Commission's Facebook page. www.facebook.com/ECGOVGH (Writing by Richard Valdmanis; Editing by Myra MacDonald)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Fiji says Syrian rebels want compensation, removal from terror list