- Survivors pulled from Oklahoma tornado debris as toll falls |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Ghana police tear gas protesters ahead of poll results
ACCRA (Reuters) - Ghana riot police fired tear gas on Sunday to disperse more than 200 opposition supporters protesting in front of the election commission ahead of poll results.
Youths carrying sticks and shouting "We want justice" had assembled there after a spokesman for the opposition National Patriotic Party said electoral workers had tampered with the results of a presidential election.
The election commission has not yet announced a winner from the presidential race, but local media have projected incumbent leader John Dramani Mahama narrowly beat his NPP rival Nana Akufo-Addo with just over 50 percent.
(Reporting by Kwasi Kpodo; Writing by Richard Valdmanis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this