U.S. will not provide A123 with remaining grant money
WASHINGTON Dec 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department will not dole out the remaining half of its $249 million grant to now-bankrupt battery maker A123, a department official said on Monday.
China's Wanxiang Group won an auction over the weekend for most of the assets of A123, which makes lithium ion batteries for electric cars.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |