U.S. will not provide A123 with remaining grant money
WASHINGTON Dec 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department will not dole out the remaining half of its $249 million grant to now-bankrupt battery maker A123, a department official said on Monday.
China's Wanxiang Group won an auction over the weekend for most of the assets of A123, which makes lithium ion batteries for electric cars.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel presses Gaza offensive, kills eight in air strike: officials |
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Ukraine threatens to retake territory from defiant rebels