U.S. will not provide A123 with remaining grant money
WASHINGTON Dec 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department will not dole out the remaining half of its $249 million grant to now-bankrupt battery maker A123, a department official said on Monday.
China's Wanxiang Group won an auction over the weekend for most of the assets of A123, which makes lithium ion batteries for electric cars.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change