Nexen chief executive says CNOOC deal not yet done
CALGARY, Alberta Dec 10 (Reuters) - Kevin Reinhart, chief executive of Nexen Inc, said on Monday that the $15.1 billion acquisition of the Canadian oil producer by China's CNOOC Ltd was not yet wrapped up despite the Canadian government's approval of the deal last week.
As he left a Calgary business conference, Reinhart declined to offer comment on what the next steps would be for the transaction.
"We are nowhere near done, so it's too early for that," he told Reuters.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team