Nexen chief executive says CNOOC deal not yet done
CALGARY, Alberta Dec 10 (Reuters) - Kevin Reinhart, chief executive of Nexen Inc, said on Monday that the $15.1 billion acquisition of the Canadian oil producer by China's CNOOC Ltd was not yet wrapped up despite the Canadian government's approval of the deal last week.
As he left a Calgary business conference, Reinhart declined to offer comment on what the next steps would be for the transaction.
"We are nowhere near done, so it's too early for that," he told Reuters.
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat