Nexen chief executive says CNOOC deal not yet done
CALGARY, Alberta Dec 10 (Reuters) - Kevin Reinhart, chief executive of Nexen Inc, said on Monday that the $15.1 billion acquisition of the Canadian oil producer by China's CNOOC Ltd was not yet wrapped up despite the Canadian government's approval of the deal last week.
As he left a Calgary business conference, Reinhart declined to offer comment on what the next steps would be for the transaction.
"We are nowhere near done, so it's too early for that," he told Reuters.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data