Nexen chief executive says CNOOC deal not yet done
CALGARY, Alberta Dec 10 (Reuters) - Kevin Reinhart, chief executive of Nexen Inc, said on Monday that the $15.1 billion acquisition of the Canadian oil producer by China's CNOOC Ltd was not yet wrapped up despite the Canadian government's approval of the deal last week.
As he left a Calgary business conference, Reinhart declined to offer comment on what the next steps would be for the transaction.
"We are nowhere near done, so it's too early for that," he told Reuters.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |