Retarus Chooses Sonus Session Border Controllers to Transform Fax over IP As-A-Service
Retarus Chooses Sonus Session Border Controllers to Transform Fax over IP As-A-Service
World-leading Messaging Service Provider Selects Sonus to Help Deliver New Services and Enhanced Quality to its Global Customers
- Retarus selected Sonus® session border controllers (SBC) to help migrate its network infrastructure to take advantage of the demand for Cloud services
- Sonus will enable Retarus to serve its global customers with higher capacity, increased international footprint and increased redundancy
- Sonus SBCs seamlessly integrate with Retarus’ current network to ensure its legacy investments are secured and quality of service is maintained as they deploy new Cloud services to their customer base
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that Retarus, one of the world’s leading providers of professional messaging solutions, has chosen Sonus session border controllers (SBCs) to help them take advantage of the growing demand for Cloud services, providing Retarus with the opportunity to grow their business and deliver new Internet Protocol (IP)-based services in the future, while protecting their legacy investment today.
Fax remains one of the most relied upon communication methods in enterprises. Headquartered in Germany, Retarus handles more than 600 million fax transactions annually on behalf of its 3,500 customers worldwide. The company chose Sonus SBCs to deliver its fax communications over IP, enabling greater flexibility, advanced capabilities and cost savings without putting the company’s reputation for reliability and quality at risk.
Fax over IP (FoIP) has different requirements to voice over IP (VoIP). Specifically, communications by fax are required to be an exact copy and while Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) simplifies communications, there are many variations of SIP running across carrier networks and these variations can cause challenges on delivering a quality FoIP service offering. Sonus SBCs normalize different versions of SIP across carrier networks with the required quality and security to enable Retarus to have the confidence that their business-critical fax communication services will not be compromised.
The solution for Retarus, featuring the Sonus SBC 5200 and the Sonus SBC 9000, provides advanced integrated media services including T.38 fax relay/internetworking, security, session control, bandwidth management and integrated billing/reporting tools. Retarus selected Sonus SBCs following a thorough and exhaustive proof of concept (POC) during which Sonus demonstrated the robust scalability, flexibility and reliability of the SBC 5200.
The SBC 5200 features industry-leading performance and session capacity with up to 64,000 sessions on a single server. Additionally, the SBC 9000 operates in both a hybrid TDM-IP environment, as well as a pure IP environment, enabling Retarus to leverage their existing TDM network infrastructure. These capabilities have enabled Sonus to be the fastest growing SBC portfolio in the industry.
“The Sonus solution enabled Retarus to widen our product and service range by increasing the international footprint of our services,” said Florian Korhammer, vice president, technology & operations at Retarus. “By providing our customers with higher capacity and increased redundancy, we believe that the capabilities enabled by Sonus will strengthen Retarus' position in the fax communication market.”
“Retarus depends upon the reliability, scalability and flexibility of Sonus SBCs to enhance and protect their reputation as a leading provider of Fax over IP services,” said Serge Adam, vice president, EMEA, at Sonus. “The Sonus SBC portfolio is purpose-built for the most demanding network requirements so customers can have peace of mind that their selection is a good one.”
- Retarus has been developing, automating and optimizing business processes for electronic corporate communication since 1992, and has offices and subsidiaries in 11 locations worldwide
- Retarus’ 3,500 global customers include Allianz, Bayer, B/S/H Bosch and Siemens Domestic Appliances, Continental, Dätwyler, DHL Exel, Honda, Iberia Cargo, Lufthansa, O2, Puma, Linde, Santander, Sony, Thomas Cook, UBS and Wrigley
- Gartner listed Retarus as "Cool Vendor in Imaging and Print Services, 2010" for its innovative Fax Services
- Sonus has been the fastest-growing SBC vendor in the service provider market since 2011 with industry leading 19 share point gain since 1Q’11 (source: Infonetics “Service Provider and IMS VoIP Equipment and Subscribers,” 3Q12 report)
- Sonus has been positioned in the “Leaders” quadrant of Gartner’s “Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers”
- The SBC 5200 recently received the “2012 NGN Leadership Award” presented by the TMC publications INTERNET TELEPHONY and Next Gen Mobility
- Download a complimentary copy of Session Border Controllers For Dummies, Sonus Special Edition by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., the publisher of the For Dummies® book series
- Sonus SBC 5200 Session Border Controller: Product information and resources
- Sonus SBC 9000 Session Border Controller: Product information and resources
Sonus, SONS, Retarus, fax, fax over IP, FoIP, messaging, SBC, Sonus SBC 5200, Sonus SBC 9000, session border controller, SIP, IP, T.38, media transcoding, fax interworking, enterprise SBC, IT priorities, IT cost savings, Unified Communications, UC, Cloud VoIP communications, session management, Enterprise communications, SIP-based solutions, VoIP
About Sonus Networks:
Sonus helps the world's leading communications service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of SIP-based solutions including VoIP, video and Unified Communications through secure, reliable and scalable IP networks. With customers around the globe and 15 years of experience transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
Retarus is a leading global provider of professional messaging solutions and has been developing and offering services for electronic corporate communications since 1992. The company's customers encompass large and medium-sized corporations, with service extending to more than 3,500 worldwide customers in various sectors. Customers such as Allianz, Bayer, Honda, Sony and Adidas rely on Retarus messaging services to exchange mission-critical business documents. Retarus and its affiliates employ more than 250 dedicated professionals worldwide with offices in Munich, New York, London, Dubai, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Zurich, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto and Vienna. Each of its employees makes Retarus' core service values customer focus, innovation, high quality and transparency their mission. Further information is available online at www.retarus.com.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors” sections of Sonus’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.