- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- UPDATE 2-United Dreamliner diverted due to possible oil filter problem
- U.S. doctor group votes to recognize obesity as a disease
RPT-Japan revised Q3 GDP falls 0.9 pct, Q2 revised lower
TOKYO Dec 10 (Reuters) - Japan's gross domestic product shrank 0.9 percent in July-September from the previous quarter, revised government figures showed on Monday, unchanged from preliminary data reported last month, as the economy struggled with faltering global demand and a strong yen.
The result compared with economists' median forecast for a 0.8 percent contraction.
The figure translates into an annualised contraction of 3.5 percent in real, price-adjusted terms, also unchanged from the preliminary data issued last month.
The government also revised GDP figures for April-June to show a small contraction, which when rounded gave a reading of minus 0.0 percent, showing that the economy contracted for two straight quarters.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this