CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher on Nexen rally
TORONTO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, led by a surge in Nexen Inc after Canada approved CNOOC Ltd's $15.1 billion bid for the energy company. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 68.11 points, 0.57 percent, at 12,227.70 shortly after the open.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel