CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher on Nexen rally
TORONTO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, led by a surge in Nexen Inc after Canada approved CNOOC Ltd's $15.1 billion bid for the energy company. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 68.11 points, 0.57 percent, at 12,227.70 shortly after the open.
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak