CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher on Nexen rally
TORONTO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, led by a surge in Nexen Inc after Canada approved CNOOC Ltd's $15.1 billion bid for the energy company. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 68.11 points, 0.57 percent, at 12,227.70 shortly after the open.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image