- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Asian markets tense before Fed; Nikkei outperforms
CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher on surge in Nexen, Progress shares
TORONTO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - The main Canadian stock index recorded solid gains on Monday, as Nexen Inc and Progress Energy Resources Corp surged after Canada approved foreign takeover bids for both companies. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index ended up 70.88 points, or 0.58 percent, at 12,230.47.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this