Nikkei rises to 7-month high after strong U.S. jobs data
TOKYO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose to a seven-month high in early trade on Monday after a better-than-expected U.S. jobs report, while a weak yen also boosted the shares of exporters. The Nikkei gained 0.5 percent to 9571.24, while the broader Topix added 0.4 percent to 793.57.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Russia's Putin accuses U.S. of damaging world order