Nikkei rises to 7-month high after strong U.S. jobs data
TOKYO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose to a seven-month high in early trade on Monday after a better-than-expected U.S. jobs report, while a weak yen also boosted the shares of exporters. The Nikkei gained 0.5 percent to 9571.24, while the broader Topix added 0.4 percent to 793.57.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks