Nikkei rises to 7-month high after strong U.S. jobs data
TOKYO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose to a seven-month high in early trade on Monday after a better-than-expected U.S. jobs report, while a weak yen also boosted the shares of exporters. The Nikkei gained 0.5 percent to 9571.24, while the broader Topix added 0.4 percent to 793.57.
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Ukraine opposition rally keeps pressure on Yanukovich