Nikkei edges up; Fast Retailing offset exporter weakness
TOKYO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average inched higher on Monday as gains in Fast Retailing Co Ltd and chip tester maker Advantest Corp offset profit-taking on exporters after weaker-than-expected Chinese trade data. The Nikkei ended 0.1 percent higher at 9,533.75 points, after trading as high as 9,584.46, its best level since late April. The broader Topix index eased 0.2 percent to 788.48.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief