Nikkei edges up; Fast Retailing offset exporter weakness
TOKYO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average inched higher on Monday as gains in Fast Retailing Co Ltd and chip tester maker Advantest Corp offset profit-taking on exporters after weaker-than-expected Chinese trade data. The Nikkei ended 0.1 percent higher at 9,533.75 points, after trading as high as 9,584.46, its best level since late April. The broader Topix index eased 0.2 percent to 788.48.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East