Nikkei edges up; Fast Retailing offset exporter weakness
TOKYO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average inched higher on Monday as gains in Fast Retailing Co Ltd and chip tester maker Advantest Corp offset profit-taking on exporters after weaker-than-expected Chinese trade data. The Nikkei ended 0.1 percent higher at 9,533.75 points, after trading as high as 9,584.46, its best level since late April. The broader Topix index eased 0.2 percent to 788.48.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |