Nikkei edges up; Fast Retailing offset exporter weakness
TOKYO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average inched higher on Monday as gains in Fast Retailing Co Ltd and chip tester maker Advantest Corp offset profit-taking on exporters after weaker-than-expected Chinese trade data. The Nikkei ended 0.1 percent higher at 9,533.75 points, after trading as high as 9,584.46, its best level since late April. The broader Topix index eased 0.2 percent to 788.48.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule