US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends up slightly on tech, McDonald's
NEW YORK Dec 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher on Monday as technology shares bounced back after recent weakness and McDonald's posted strong monthly sales.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was up 14.75 points, or 0.11 percent, to end unofficially at 13,169.88. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up just 0.48 of a point, or 0.03 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,418.55. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 8.92 points, or 0.30 percent, to close unofficially at 2,986.96.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand