Japan govt-fund: undecided on use for additional funds to Renesas
TOKYO Dec 10 (Reuters) - A Japanese government-led fund said on Monday it has not decided how an additional 50 billion yen ($610 million) that has been requested by Renesas Electronics Corp might be used.
It is also still deliberating whether to agree to the request, after throwing a lifeline of 150 billion yen to the ailing chipmaker.
Kimikazu Noumi, CEO of the government fund, Innovation Network Corp of Japan, told a news conference that if the fund proceeds with supplying the extra money, Renesas could use it to expand abroad through mergers and acquisitions. ($1 = 82.3700 Japanese yen) (Reporting by Mari Saito; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |