- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares firm, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Japan govt-fund: undecided on use for additional funds to Renesas
TOKYO Dec 10 (Reuters) - A Japanese government-led fund said on Monday it has not decided how an additional 50 billion yen ($610 million) that has been requested by Renesas Electronics Corp might be used.
It is also still deliberating whether to agree to the request, after throwing a lifeline of 150 billion yen to the ailing chipmaker.
Kimikazu Noumi, CEO of the government fund, Innovation Network Corp of Japan, told a news conference that if the fund proceeds with supplying the extra money, Renesas could use it to expand abroad through mergers and acquisitions. ($1 = 82.3700 Japanese yen) (Reporting by Mari Saito; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this