Strauss-Kahn, hotel maid agree to settle lawsuit
NEW YORK Dec 10 (Reuters) - Former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn and the hotel maid who accused him last year of attempting to rape her have agreed to a settlement in her civil lawsuit against him.
In a court hearing in New York on Monday, Bronx Supreme Court Justice Douglas McKeon announced the two sides had reached a deal to end the litigation, but said details of the settlement, including the amount of any damages to be paid to Nafissatou Diallo by Strauss-Kahn, will not be made public.
The agreement ends an international scandal that forced Strauss-Kahn, 63, to resign and scuttled his hopes of running for president in his native France. (Reporting by Joseph Ax; Editing by Paul Thomasch and Jackie Frank)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |